Tuesday, 21 May 2013

Sunny's Postoperative Tubal Ligation

I heard a lots pros and cons of canine's tubal ligation before i decided to bring Sunny for tubal ligation.

Ligation should be the best way for canines. 

In my opinion, i could not imagine i have to force myself to give/sell/throw my dog's new borns puppies due to environment does not allow.

Secondly, tubal ligation is the best solution to prevent my dog be contagious by any disease through mating process with other dog.

Based on my experience with Sunny's tubal ligation I truly believe that the postoperative recovery is actually going to be much easier for your dog than it will be for you.

First day after Sunny's ligation surgery, i went to visit her. She looked unhappy and i was worried what could happen after this. 

Dr Bettie told me to be patience. She explained that Dogs are survivors. They don't sulk or complain, they take what there is and make the best of it. They have an amazing ability to adapt and make things work. This is probably one of the times when the difference between a dog and a human attitude is the most profound.

The moment of the surgery your dog is on his way to get well. I visit Sunny 3 days after her operation. Every time i will tell her to be patience and patience, and tell her how many days left to back home. I can see her face shining all the time, especially i tell her she is going to discharge from the clinic. 

She not wearing 'big horn' after 5 days surgery. 


Sunny finally back home after 10 days. I prepared a new comfortable mattress for her and put it somewhere near to the air conditioner. This will make she feels more comfortable all the time. Sunny will not allowed to use stairs. She only be restricted to the main floor for some time. I blocked the stairs by using plywood to prevent she steps up in the midnight. 

I avoided slippery surface on the main floor. Golden Retriever loves to run around the house and most of them time they get slipped down because of the slippery surface. It can be a danger for post operation dog. I will also keep an eye on incision. Do not allowed your dog lick on the wound, make sure the wound is always clean and dry. This could make your dog facing another trouble after this especially wound infection.

I used to spend my evening moments with Sunny during that time. I walk her in my house residence, trained her to be walk slowly and steady. I will also avoided to let her lay down or get on the ground. 

Post-operation recovery process is around 2 - 4 weeks. It depends on how you arrange the schedule with your dog religiously.

Dairy cares should be repeat and repeat for your pet to make sure they can always avoid from disease and injure. 
   

1 comment :

  1. Try to provide links to other pet lover, information on golden retriever or litigation, so that your blog could sound more informative.

    ReplyDelete